LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Lake George Association and Lake Champlain Seas Grant are holding the Adirondack Champlain Regional Salt Summit to discuss the effects of road salt. The summit is taking place October 14 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fort William Henry Conference Center.
The summit will talk about strategies for reducing salt use, keeping harmful chlorides out of water and reducing costs for taxpayers and businesses. Local and state representatives, business owners, scientists and winter management experts will be presenting at the summit.
The event is being held in-person and online. Registration is free. You can register on the Lake George Association website.
In-person attendees will be limited and required to wear masks regardless of vaccination status. Seating will be distanced and lunch will be in individual bags for people to pick up.
More from NEWS10:
- Rotterdam Police: No credible threats made toward Mohonasen schools after social media post circulates
- DNA from rib bone leads to arrests after infant left in trash 30 years ago
- Tom Brady giving Bucs fan who returned 600th TD a Bitcoin
- State Police: Accident causes power outage in Clifton Park
- Saints Shake Saint Rose in Return to Times Union Center