ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Friday, August 13, at 10:00 a.m., at Bleecker Stadium, 721 Clinton Ave, the City of Albany Department of Recreation will hold a recognition ceremony for the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP).
The Speak-Out will allow a platform for Albany youth to be heard and engage with local organizations and community leaders to gain a better mutual understanding of the issues about the violence that is taking place in Albany. This is an opportunity for the youth to be recognized and to gain access to resources available to them.
Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan will be attending and the event will consist of games, refreshments, and entertainment for the participants of the SYEP
The City, along with several partners, will be announcing an annual scholarship that will be available to city youth in honor of the lives of community members lost to gun violence.
More from NEWS10
- Marinopolous throws five touchdowns in RPI’s big win over St. John Fisher
- Johnstown’s comeback spoils Mechanicville’s hot start
- Kuzmich’s five touchdown performance powers Greenwich past Cambridge-Salem
- New York prepares for Monday vaccine deadline: Gov. Hochul releases preventable health care staffing shortage
- The best places to get an oil change