CORNING, N.Y. (WETM) — Steuben County Legislator Steven Maio was arrested for patronizing a prostitute on August 12, according to New York State Police.
Maio, a Democrat representing the city of Corning, was given an appearance ticket returnable on August 27 at 4:30 p.m. to the town of Hornellsville Court.
NEWS10’s sister site 18 News in the Twin Tiers first learned of the allegations through a viewer tip.
18 News reached out to Maio on Thursday morning, who referred them to his attorney, Chris Tunney, who declined to comment at this time.
18 News also reached out to Steuben County Manager Jack Wheeler, who did not have any comment at this time.
- VW recalls Jettas to fix fuel leaks that can cause fires
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- Capital Region counties report early voting numbers
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus