SOUTH GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – In a normal year, supporting the South High Marathon Dance would mean visiting area businesses running promotions to give proceeds back to the annual fundraiser.
This year, it’s a little less that, and a little more ordering a new shirt.
This week, the group behind the marathon dance set up an online store where supporters can order T-shirts, sweaters and outerwear to support the cause. 2021’s marathon dance is being arranged differently than normal in order to work around the COVID-19 pandemic, and creating a digital means to raise funds to hold the dance has been a priority from the start.
“The organization will further evolve and leverage technology,” dance organizers said in a release.
The shop also extends beyond clothing, to holiday ornaments and lanyards to hold coronavirus-friendly face masks.
The dance itself is expected to be streamed online, as it already has for years. Last year’s dance raised over $801,000 for people and groups fighting debilitating illness.
- NYS announces $100M in additional food assistance for March
- DEC announces New Lebanon is a certified Climate Smart Community
- 03/05/2021: A winter-like weekend before “spring” arrives
- Over $566K raised for Southwestern Vermont Health Care through community fund
- Colonie PD ask public to help identify larceny suspect