GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Mayor Dan Hall declared a snow emergency in effect on Friday afternoon, as a day of freezing rain and snowfall leads into an evening of more snow.
The emergency goes into effect at 8 p.m. Friday evening, and will run through 7 a.m. on Saturday, in order to give plow crews time and space to clear snow off the roads before deep freeze conditions set in.
During the emergency, the city prohibits on-street parking and advises drivers to stay off city streets whenever possible.
- Three-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas visits the Capital Region
- Four local heroes honored for saving snowmobiler
- Bishop Maginn upsets Watervliet in first round
- Northville downs defending champs
- Bishop Gibbons tops Hudson in quarterfinals