(CNN) – Singer Neil Young says he’s not okay with the Trump Campaign using his music.
He’s criticizing the playing of his song’s at the President’s Independence Day celebration at Mount Rushmore. “Rockin’ in a Free World” and “Like a Hurricane” are audible in videos from the event. On Twitter, Young says that’s “Not okay” with him.
He adds that he stands with the Lakota Sioux. The area where Mount Rushmore is carved is sacred to them and, records show the Sioux have a historical claim to the land.
Young, who is Canadian, says he became a U.S. citizen this year just so he could vote against President Trump.
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Record number of early ballots cast for Vermont primary on Tuesday
- NEN Xtra – Julian Edelman without Tom Brady–his right hand man
- Saratoga officials warn of potential low-risk coronavirus exposure
- LIVE: President Trump to hold news conference Monday afternoon