COEYMANS, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany County Sheriff’s Office has reported the death of a Coeymans man after a fatal accident. Michael Stumph, 27, was found the trapped underneath a vehicle after the vehicle jack had apparently failed.
The sheriff said the he was removed and pronounced dead at the scene. He was transported to Ellis Hospital for a post mortem exam. The exam showed Stumph died as a result of mechanical asphyxia.
More from NEWS10:
- CDTA building rapid transit bus line to UAlbany
- TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube questioned by US lawmakers about child safety
- Brian Laundrie remains: No DNA analysis performed yet, medical examiner says
- Florida man saves drowning manatee after it ate ‘toxic red tide seagrass’
- Yes, Alexa is recording you. Here’s how to delete recordings from your Amazon Echo