CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Shenendehowa Central School District has confirmed a Shenendehowa High School East student tested positive for COVID-19. The district claims the student was only present at school for two days, Monday September 14, and Tuesday, September 15.
Students and teachers who are at high risk of exposure are currently being traced by the school district and the Saratoga Public Health Department. Those who are identified will be informed if they need to be placed under mandatory quarantine for precautionary purposes.
Parents are asked to add the number for Saratoga County Public Health to their list of phone contacts, as it may come up as spam on some phones. The number is 518-885-2276.
A number of social distancing measures are in place at the school, including:
- all students and staff are required to wear masks
- classroom seats are spaced with appropriate social distance and students have assigned seats
- classrooms are cleaned regularly throughout the school day, and deep cleaned and sanitized at the end of each school day
- seating assignments also occur on buses and in the cafeteria
- Local telehealth program on the horizon for emergency medicine
- Albany County Hockey Facility parking lot to host drive-thru Toys for Tots toy drop-off
- Credit union donates school supplies to students in Schenectady CSD
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
- Wood Theater cuts staff to part-time as pandemic furthers “dire situation”