CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Shenendehowa Central School District has confirmed that another Shenendehowa High School East student tested positive for COVID-19. In a statement, the district said the new case is related to a previous case stemming from a point of exposure outside of school.
The affected student had not been present in the school since Tuesday, September 15, because of the hybrid learning model in place.
This is the second case at the high school within seven days. The school district had previously been made aware of another Shenendehowa High School East student testing positive on September 20.
As with the previous case, the school district is working with Saratoga County Public Health Department to co-ordinate contact tracing.
Parents are asked to add the number for Saratoga County Public Health to their list of phone contacts, as it may come up as spam on some phones. The number is 518-885-2276.
A number of social distancing measures are in place at the school, including:
- all students and staff are required to wear masks
- classroom seats are spaced with appropriate social distance and students have assigned seats
- classrooms are cleaned regularly throughout the school day, and deep cleaned and sanitized at the end of each school day
- seating assignments also occur on buses and in the cafeteria
- Stewart’s Shops employee tests positive for coronavirus
- Bills defense comes up with first dominating performance this season in a win vs. Jets
- 10/25/20: Cool with Showers for Monday
- Spirit of Liberty Foundation honors Albany Stratton VA healthcare workers
- Tyler Bass, Bills defense lead the way in 18-10 win over the Jets