CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Shenendehowa Central School District is warning local businesses of a phone scam soliciting donations for their cheerleading team. The district says the fraudulent phone calls are from Elite Sports Promo.
Any official fundraising activities from Shenendehowa Athletics are initiated by coaches or officers in Booster Clubs. The district warns businesses to make sure they review all potential donations to a Booster Club. Shen will never solicit donations by robocall.
The Saratoga County Sheriff’s office has been notified of the scam.
- Teen organizes sleep-out in Bennington, urges governor to help homeless
- Chemung County Torture-Murder suspects transferred to Chemung County Jail
- Impacts of the Pandemic: Mental Health
- Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart to host new ‘very tasty’ Halloween baking challenge
- Great Danes fall to #5 Villanova in the rain