COXSACKIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A Sewage discharge in Coxsackie occurred this morning on Friday, Sept. 24 at 88 S River Street.
An estimated 94,500 gallons was discharged and it started at around 5:30 a.m. and lasted around three and half hours. The workers monitored the flow until it was stable and the discharge went into the Hudson River.
The reason for this sewage discharge is because of the heavy rain that occurred last night.
More from NEWS10:
- Gansevoort woman sentenced for tax fraud, underreported more than $1M on tax returns
- Newburgh man arrested on child sex abuse charges
- NYC mayoral candidates spar over crime and COVID in 1st debate
- Hochul signs legislation ensuring retirement plan for private sector employees
- Halloween spending rising after pandemic paused holiday