REXFORD, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Happening Friday, many will be hitting the links and for a good cause. A special golf tournament is set to benefit local charities in the Capital Region.
The Haraden Family Foundation is hosting its second annual dinner and golf tournament to raise money for local Capital Region charities, this year’s recipient is Hannah’s Hope Fund. Last year, the foundation supported over 20 charities with over $100,00 to give back to the community.
It’ll be held at the Edison club in Rexford and feature’s a silent auction, prizes and contests. Those involved say it brings the community even closer.
“It’s just another reason why the Capital District is such a great place to live. It’s about community and people helping people,” Co-Director of Hannah’s Hope Fund, Matt Sames, said.”We’re a rare disease organization, the disease is Giant Axonal Neuropathy, which, no-one has really heard of. So, every dollar we can raise is critical.”
Registration begins at 10 a.m. and dinner and awards begin at 6 p.m.
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD
- 5 more arrests made in connection to death of 12-year-old Columbia Co. girl
- 120 new COVID-19 cases announced in Schenectady Co. Dec. 4