NEW YORK (NEWS10) — The New York Regional Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission is holding a COVID-19 financial fraud teleconference.
Scheduled for Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., the educational telephone town hall about avoiding scams related to the coronavirus will cover the most common tricks fraudsters use.
The event is free and there is no preregistration required. The call is open to anyone planning for their financial future. To participate, visit the SEC website and click “Upcoming Webcast” between 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Tuesday. You can also submit email questions in advance.
The teleconference is moderated by Marc Berger, the director of the SEC New York Regional Office. Speakers will include:
- Craig Carpenito: U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey
- Gerri Walsh: President of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Foundation
- Lara S. Mehraban: Associate Director, SEC NYRO
- Charu Chandrasekhar: Retail Strategy Task Force Head, SEC NYRO
- Mechanicville City School District preparing for possibility of yellow zone
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- Police: Troy man arrested after thefts from 5 construction sites