This story has been updated to include the names of the deceased
SCHOHARIE, N.Y. (WTEN) – State Police are investigating after a crash involving a Department of Transport vehicle and a passenger car has left two people dead. Officers say the crash happened at approximately 1:44 p.m. Thursday, on State Route 145 near the intersection of Keyser Road.
Both occupants of the passenger vehicle, Anthony Parrotti, 74, of Schoharie and Manuel Gonzales, 91, of Schoharie were declared deceased at the scene. State Route 145 was closed between Ecker Hollow Road and Schoharie Hill Road while police investigated.
Police say the vehicle driven by Parrotti attempted to make a u-turn and the operator of the DOT truck was unable to avoid the vehicle as it crossed into their lane. The driver of the DOT truck was uninjured.
- Outpatient surgery center opens in Albany
- 1 New Yorker died from virus Sunday, infection rate under 1% statewide
- Greenwich sets annual Halloween parade as surefire event amid year of cancelations
- Amazon series ‘Modern Love’ begins filming in Capital Region
- Watch: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’