COBLESKILL, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York State Police in Cobleskill say they arrested Dennis L. Daskalakis, 61, of Jefferson over checks he allegedly forged.
On Sunday troopers took Daskalakis into custody after what they describe as a month-long investigation. They say they received a report in July that Daskalakis had cashed three fraudulent checks for over $13,000. He turned himself in on Sunday and was formally charged with
- Third-degree grand larceny
- Second-degree possession of a forged instrument
He was arraigned in Cobleskill and released under the conditions that he report to Schoharie County Probation once a week, not contact anyone else in this case, and not commit any more crimes. He is due to return to court on August 31.
More from NEWS10
- These are the top spots in the U.S. to go apple picking, according to Yelp
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champion Matt Amodio crosses $1 million mark: ‘This is just a childhood dream’
- Albany County coronavirus update, September 25
- 9/25/21: Fall-like Weather for the Weekend
- Shaker shrugs off second half surge from Shen to complete impressive road win