COBLESKILL, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The early morning fire Saturday at Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church not only damaged the inside, but it also devastated the church community. The fire looks to have been caused by an electrical problem at this time.
“This has been a very devastating and grief-filled experience. With that being said, it is our intention to continue the work and ministry of this congregation in this community as we have for about 200 years,” wrote Rev. Dr. Sara Litzner Monday. “We do not have exact details, but are working with the insurance company to figure out how to proceed.”
NEWS10 will follow this ongoing story as the church and its members struggle to recover from this fire.
- New York venues unite for #lightsUPstateNY initiative
- Avoiding the virus: Here’s how to manage your risk
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- Health care bus decorated to bring holiday cheer to the isolated