SCHENECTADY COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Schenectady County Police Department released a warning following seven overdoses that happened over 36 hours in the city. Among the overdoses was one fatality.
According to Police, an investigation is underway into the overdoses. Although several substances are suspected in the overdose incidents they may be related to “adulterated” cocaine.
The police department released a list of resources to help anyone currently using any substance:
- Catholic Charities/Project SAFEPoint – 1-866-930-4999
- New Choices Recovery Center/COTI Project – 518-688-4901 or 518-346-4436
- Ellis Emergency Department – 24/7 available
- Conifer Park – 1-800-989-6446
- Northern Rivers Mental Health Services – 518-952-9032
- Hometown Health Schenectady – 518-370-1441
- The Living Room– 518-243-3300
- The Schenectady Cares Program – 518-630-0911 24/7 available