SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Both Niskayuna and Colonie Police Detectives, who were investigating similar cases, said Micheal LaMalfa, 33, of Schenectady stole a piece of jewelry from Northeastern Fine Jewelry.
On the afternoon of October 24, officers from the Schenectady Police Department were dispatched to Northeastern Fine Jewelry on Union Street for a panic alarm. Once on scene, officers spoke to an employee who stated a male came into the store and requested to try on a Cuban- link gold chain. The employee said the male walked over to the mirror then ran out of the store. The jewelry was valued at more than $9,000.
Lamalfa was arrested and charged with Grand Larceny 3rd Degree, a felony.
Lamalfa was arraigned on November 20 in Schenectady City Court and released on his own recognizance.
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD
- 5 more arrests made in connection to death of 12-year-old Columbia Co. girl
- 120 new COVID-19 cases announced in Schenectady Co. Dec. 4