SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10)- Keith Mussenden, 36, from Schenectady was arrested and charged for attempted sexual exploitation of a child last week.
The Department of Justice said the arrest was made after a complaint alleged Mussenden attempted to produce sexually explicit images of a child on or about the date of Jun. 1, 2019 through Jan. 1, 2020.
If convicted, Mussenden faces at least 15 and up to 30 years in prison, post-release supervision of at least 5 years and up to life, and a fine of up to $250,000. Mussenden would also be required to register as a sex offender.
The Federal Burea of Investigation and its Child Exploitation Task Force is investigating the case. It is being prosecuted under Project Safe Childhood, a program started in May 2006 to assist federal and state agencies in apprehending/prosecuting people who exploit children on the internet.
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application
- 10-foot python found under hood of Mustang in South Florida
- Pres. Trump, Biden campaign across the Midwest Friday
- Nine Pin to release Lady Apple cider
- Local man wins NYS Industries for the Disabled award for workplace excellence