SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Schenectady man has reportedly been arrested after a traffic stop led to a pursuit on foot. Schenectady police say Jahaad Ubrich, 24, was arrested September 13 around 3 a.m.
Police attempted to pull Ubrich over on the 1300 block of Albany Street after they noticed his vehicle make a traffic violation. Officers say Ubrich pulled into a parking lot, exited the vehicle and began to walk away. Ubrich did not stop when officers ordered him to and he fled on foot. Police say he was taken into custody after a brief foot pursuit and struggle.
Police found a loaded 9mm handgun and 11 grams of a substance they believe to be crack cocaine in his possession.
Ubrich has been charged with:
- Criminal possession of a weapon 2nd (felony)
- Criminal possession of a weapon 3rd (felony)
- Criminal possession of a firearm (felony)
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance 3rd (felony)
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance 4th (felony)
- Resisting arrest
- Two NYS vehicle and traffic violations
Police say Ubrich had warrants out on him from the Schenectady Police Department, Schenectady County Sheriff’s, and New York State Parole.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- Ex-Vermonter arrested in Alaska, charged with threat to kill local relatives
- New York moves forward with $15 minimum wage despite labor shortage
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Month centers breaking mental health stigma
- Meeting in Poestenkill tonight to discuss PFOA found at local school and homes
- Bloom Ink Studio hosting grand opening event
Follow us on social media