BETHLEHEM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to New York State Police, Edward J. Steel, 25, and Janay D. Jones, 20, both of Schenectady were arrested for driving a stolen car on Saturday.
State police were notified that a 2014 grey Jeep Compass reported stolen in Schenectady got on the Thruway at exit 25A around 8 p.m. on Saturday. Troopers pulled over the car at mile marker 143.4 in Bethlehem.
Steele was behind the wheel and Jones was the passenger. Both were taken into custody and charged with third-degree criminal possession of stolen property. This class D felony is worth a maximum possible sentence of 7 years if convicted, according to state sentencing guidelines.
- Taking your dog to the apple orchard
- Surveillance video of vandalism at Tom Reed’s Corning office released
- Massachusetts man accused of workplace shooting extradited to Connecticut, charged
- Vermont troopers to get body cameras; policy on public access to video not yet final
- WATCH: Governor Andrew Cuomo to make an announcement at 11:30 a.m.