KEENE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A 34-year-old Niskayuna man was airlifted in Essex County after forest rangers performed a wilderness rescue.
At about 2:15 p.m. on Saturday, the Department of Environmental Conservation’s dispatch received a report of the hiker, who’d received a non-weight-bearing injury to his right leg. New York State Police (NYSP) Aviation was placed on standby.
A team of rangers hiked in to find the injured man. At 4:15 p.m., he was located and placed in a harness. NYSP Aviation was brought in. The man was hoisted into the helicopter and flown to a local hospital for treatment.
- Heeps’ breakout game helps UAlbany sweep New Hampshire
- Biden to reinstate COVID travel rules, add South Africa
- UAlbany men’s basketball earns split with New Hampshire
- During visit to SUNY Oneonta, Chancellor Malatras talks mandatory weekly testing for SUNY students and faculty
- 1/24/21: Chill Continues Monday, Snow Arrives Tuesday