Glenville house explosion hospitalizes 2

Schenectady County

GLENVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Two Glenville residents were hospitalized on Sunday after their house on Sacandaga Road blew up. That’s according to Glenville Police Chief Steven Janik, who said that the extent of injuries to the man and woman who live there are unknown at this time.

Authorities say the explosion took place shortly after 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, and the cause of the explosion appears to be human error. Investigators say a propane tank was hooked up to a gas dryer. When the homeowner started the dryer, it ignited, causing the large explosion.

The house is now condemned due to extensive structural damage.

More from NEWS10

More from News10

Follow us on social media

Sign up for our newsletter

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link

Latest PODCAST episode

More PODCAST: On the Story with Trishna Begam
CHECK OUT OUR NEW APP FEATURES

Latest COVID-19 News

More COVID-19