GLENVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Two Glenville residents were hospitalized on Sunday after their house on Sacandaga Road blew up. That’s according to Glenville Police Chief Steven Janik, who said that the extent of injuries to the man and woman who live there are unknown at this time.
Authorities say the explosion took place shortly after 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, and the cause of the explosion appears to be human error. Investigators say a propane tank was hooked up to a gas dryer. When the homeowner started the dryer, it ignited, causing the large explosion.
The house is now condemned due to extensive structural damage.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- Connecticut doctor’s license suspended for providing blank, signed vaccine exemption forms, health dept. says
- Hyundai recalls 100K more cars because faulty engines might catch fire
- Biden administration proposes rule to reinstate DACA
- Government shutdown looms as Congress battles over debt ceiling
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine authorization for kids 5-11 may not come before November
Follow us on social media