SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The City of Schenectady has closed all of its municipal playgrounds and equipment to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Officials say it comes after direction from the New York State Department of Parks and Recreation. This also includes all basketball courts, tennis courts, and other facilities within the parks.
Due to the closure of the Schenectady County Compost Facility, the collection of yard waste will be postponed until further notice. The City will let people know when the service resumes.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes