SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10)- Gyms, yoga studios, and fitness trainers in Saratoga Springs will be able to hold fitness sessions in Congress Park, High Rock Park, Geyser Road Veterans Memorial Park, and the Waterfront Park without fees. The policy was approved Tuesday by the City Council.
“Closures due to COVID-19 have been very hard-hitting on health and wellness providers; these local business people are trying to earn a living and it’s in the public interest to support their efforts during these trying times,” said Commissioner of Public Works Anthony Scirocco.
To participate in the program fitness centers and/or trainers need to complete a rental use agreement. Equipment must be removed from parks after classes. Participants must wear face masks and social distancing must be utilized. Fees will be reinstated after Monday, September 7, 2020.
Fitness centers/trainers can contact Mary in the Department of Public Works at 518-587-3550 ext. 2555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CBA knocks off unbeaten Niskayuna
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference
- Schenectady city council members make amendments to proposed 2021 budget
- Who is Kristen Welker? Meet the moderator of the final US presidential debate