MOREAU, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Town of Moreau officials are speaking with the Department of Correctional Services after a tear gas training incident turned into a HAZMAT situation.
Town Supervisor Todd Kusnierz said officials were told about the activity on Old Saratoga Road after neighbors complained about an odor in the area. The weather caused the tear gas used at the closed Mount McGregor Correctional Facility to come down on Old Saratoga Road.
There was a drone being used as well.
The county issued a reverse 911 notice for people to stay in their homes and close their windows.
Kusnierz said he is going to speak with state officials about communicating when a future training is taking place so neighbors are aware.
More from NEWS10:
- Gwen Wright: Candidate for Rensselaer County Executive discusses the issues with News10
- Steve McLaughlin: Candidate for Rensselaer County executive discusses the issues with News10
- Greg Aidala: Candidate for Albany mayor discusses the issues with News10
- Biden administration facing mounting pressure over border security
- CDC panel backs expanded booster rollout: Here’s what comes next