SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The New York Racing Association is planning to hand over 175 picnic tables to the Saratoga Springs City School District to help students maintain social distancing.
With the district prepares to welcome back students, students at Saratoga Springs High School and Maple Avenue Middle School will have more room during their lunch periods thanks to the loan.
The tables are a regular fixture in Saratoga Race Course’s backyard. Under state guidelines, the iconic racecourse is operating without spectators this year, and the tables are going unused. They’ll be loaded onto trucks throughout the morning to be delivered to the two schools.
This is the latest example of NYRA donated the tables to local entities. Earlier this summer, NYRA lent picnic tables to Saratoga Springs for use in Congress Park, as well as to Schuylerville.
More 10 in Toga
- NYRA successfully completes unprecedented Saratoga meet
- NYRA announces jockey protocols for Belmont Park fall meet
- National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame reopens to the public on Saturday
- Horse Connection: Cover Girl
- Discovering Saratoga: Tiz the Law Mania Sweeps Saratoga
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office warning public about internet scams
- Social Dilemma: If I rip a shirt while trying it on, should I pay for it?
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- 09/22/2020: A milder day to begin autumn
- Local independent pharmacy faces challenges