MOREAU, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State Police are reporting the arrest of Zachary D. Bowers, 26, of Moreau for aggravated cruelty to animals.
Police say they received a complaint that accused Bowers of throwing a 5-month-old puppy and breaking one of its legs. The puppy does not belong to Bowers, according to police, and has been turned over to the SPCA.
The class E felony charge carries up to four years behind bars, according to maximum state sentencing guidelines.
- 1 victim in fatal Rutland County car crash
- CDTA to help deliver vaccines in Rensselaer County
- Responders rescue 2 from Hoosick Falls crash with jaws of life
- Six Flags opening Jersey Devil Coaster, tallest and fastest of its kind in the world
- Flying off the shelves: Chocolate-covered cicadas a hit in Maryland