MECHANICVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Mechanicville teacher is out of a job after not complying with New York State COVID-19 vaccine mandates.
The resolution was passed by the school board Thursday night. The 7-12 grade Spanish teacher was relieved of her job because she refused to submit to weekly COVID testing since she was unvaccinated.
The district said the teacher was let go because of state guidelines requiring teachers to either be vaccinated or have weekly COVID testing.
The teacher will no longer be a district employee starting November 7.
More from NEWS10:
- After nearly 600 days away, Adirondack Thunder ready to return
- Strong second half leads Holy Names past Albany Academy
- Town legislation to pay for PFOA testing in Poestenkill does not pass
- ‘Nowhere left to turn’: RCSD teacher details alleged sexual assault by student
- YWCA holds annual march to call an end to domestic violence