BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Sheriff’s office reports the arrest of Robin A. Iacobelli, 58, of Ballston Spa, for alleged embezzlement. Police say she stole a five-figure sum while leading a local nonprofit.
Investigators from the Sheriff’s Office and the financial crimes unit of the NYPD looked into Iacobelli for two years. They determined that from 2016 to 2019, Iacobelli stole $36,036.29 from Kee To Independent Growth, while she was its chief financial officer.
Police charged Iacobelli with committing third-degree grand larceny—a felony charge—against the nonprofit located in the town of Ballston. She is set to appear in court on November 18.
- WalletHub ranks 2021’s best gift cards
- Broadway icon, lyricist behind ‘West Side Story’ Stephen Sondheim dead at 91
- North Country Report: Black Friday weekend is for more than just the mall
- Delmar shop reopens after truck crashed into storefront
- USPS Operation Santa: How to become a gift recipient or ‘adopter’