CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office, Thomas Hunt, 31, of Ballston Lake was arrested on a hate crime charge after allegedly spray-painting a coworker’s car.
The Sheriff’s Office was called to a business in Clifton Park on Tuesday after a racial epithet was spray-painted on a Black employee’s private vehicle.
Police say their investigation led to Hunt, who was arrested and charged with second-degree criminal mischief as a hate crime.
Saratoga County Sheriff Michael Zurlo says, “We won’t tolerate the spread of hate in Saratoga County. We will investigate any reported hate crimes and hold wrongdoers accountable for their bad acts.”
Hunt was processed, arraigned, and released on his own recognizance.
- Granville school community builds 25 desks for remote students
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’