BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services announced on Monday that one more county resident has died from COVID-19, a 69-year-old man from Halfmoon. The death toll in the county is now 16.
There have been 481 lab-confirmed positive cases of the coronavirus among county residents, with 418 of those having been cleared for recovery. Of the 48 currently active cases, six are hospitalized. In total, the county has administered 11,577 tests.
Saratoga County officials and community leaders will host a Facebook Live event on Wednesday 10 a.m. to field coronavirus questions from residents. The hour-long event will feature:
- Gary Dake: President of Stewart’s Shops
- Andrew Jarosh: Saratoga County Treasurer
- Frances Kelly, RN: Contact Tracer for Saratoga County
- Bruce Potter: Mechanicville City School District Superintendent
- Older New Yorkers reminded to receive annual flu shots
- Albany marketing company highlights Black-owned local businesses for free
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Empire Center report: The problem with special education funding in N.Y.
- How drinking hot cocoa could make you smarter