UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — There is a possible lead in vaping-related health issues. Research released Wednesday night says chemicals in vape liquid may cause lung damage.
The letter was published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
According to the Mayo Clinic, the lung damage looked like chemical burns. Those involved in the data investigated lung tissue in 17 people who had vaped. Most of those sampled used cannabis oils or marijuana.
A pathologist involved in the study says more investigation into the matter is still needed. Vaping deaths have been reported in numerous states including California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, and Virginia.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9