FOXBORO, Mass. (WPRI) — The New England Patriots have canceled their practice on Wednesday after a third player has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to reports.
NFL Network reporter Tom Pelissero posted on Twitter that cornerback Stephon Gilmore has contracted COVID-19.
Gilmore, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, played in Monday night’s game in Kansas City.
According to NFL insider Field Yates, the Patriots now have Gilmore, quarterback Cam Newton, and practice squad defensive tackle Bill Murray on their COVID-19/reserve list.
Head coach Bill Belichick was supposed to hold his scheduled 8:30 a.m. press conference, but that has been postponed to a later time.
The Patriots are set to face the Denver Broncos Sunday at 4:25 p.m.
This is a developing story. Stay with 12 News on air and online for the latest information.
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Albany gas prices remain unchanged from last week
- 10/26/2020: Cool and soggy start to the week
- Trump’s support hits six month high in key battleground states