Unvaccinated residents account for nearly 70% of new COVID cases in Rensselaer County

Rensselaer County
COUNTY-RENSSELAER

TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Rensselaer County has reported 55 new cases of the coronavirus over a three-day period. The county’s seven day rolling-average, according to New York State is 3.2%.

The cases from the past three days breakdown to 21 new cases on Saturday, 21 new cases on Sunday and 13 new cases on Monday. The numbers for the weekend and Monday follow recent trends for new daily cases in the county.

With the 55 new cases, there are now 12,073 confirmed cases. There are 136 active cases in the county.

The county has determined that of the 55 new cases, approximately 70 percent involved unvaccinated residents, with the remaining 30 percent involving vaccinated residents.

There are seven residents hospitalized for COVID-19, with one in ICU. There are now 146 residents in monitor quarantine.

There have been 335,278 tests administered to date, including 1,019 tests recorded over the three-day period.

There have been 162 deaths of residents from COVID-19, with the latest death reported on July 26.

The county also announced 22 cases as cleared for recovery. There have been 11,775 cases cleared for recovery.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Coronavirus Videos

Audience sits close at Trump's Mt Rushmore event

Expert: US leaving WHO would be 'gift' to China

Trump: FDA hydroxy warning based on 'phony study'

Kroger to give $130M in ‘Thank You’ pay

Fauci Testifies

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link

Latest PODCAST episode

More PODCAST: On the Story with Trishna Begam
CHECK OUT OUR NEW APP FEATURES