TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Department of Public Utilities (DPU) has announced the annual Troy hydrant flushing program will begin Monday, May 2, and go through Tuesday, May 10. DPU said water main and hydrant flushing will be completed during regular working hours with the exception of the business district.
Additionally, officials said customers may experience temporary discoloration in their water and possibly reduce water pressure during these hydrant flushing and water main blowoff operations. Customers are also advised to avoid washing clothes when hydrant flushing is taking place in their area.
Officials said dates of operations may be subject to change if necessary. For additional information, call (518) 237-0241. A detailed area map can be seen below:
Water Main Blowoff Operations
- Monday, May 2 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., the entire city (Low Service Area).
- Tuesday, May 3 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., the entire city (Low Service Area continued).
- Wednesday, May 4 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., the entire city (High & Upper High Service Areas).
- Wednesday, May 4 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Pleasantdale to 101 Street.
- Thursday, May 5 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 101 Street to Federal Street from Hudson River to 10 Street, Eddy Lane to Hialeah Drive & Gurley Avenue.
- Thursday, May 5 from 8 to 10 p.m., Federal St. to Ferry St. from Hudson River to 8 Street.
- Friday, May 6 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Ferry Street to Water Street, Frear Park to Beman Park to Peoples Avenue.
- Monday, May 9 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Peoples Avenue to the Poestenkill Creek, East side of Poestenkill Creek to Maple Avenue, West side of Pawling Avenue., Mill Street, Crestwood & Stow Avenues.
- Tuesday, May 10 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Sycaway to Poestenkill Creek, Eastside from Pinewoods & Pawling Avenues on the East side of Pawling Avenue, Albia, Winter Street East to City Line.