TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Troy’s ChowderFest 2020 brings together restaurants and businesses, warming everyone up with soup, comfort foods, and that cozy fall feeling. Treat yourself to a stroll through downtown neighborhoods while sampling delicious chowder and playing bingo.
Though large events are not possible due to the pandemic, you can still take part in the fourteenth-annual event from Monday, October 19 through Saturday, October 31. Participation in the #CozyInTroy ChowderFest BINGO is free and open to all ages.
Register for the bingo game and follow @TroyBID on Facebook or Instagram to play. You must fill four spots on your game card, take a picture of it, and post to social media using #CozyInTroy by October 31—or email the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not on social media—to enter the prize raffle.
Besides bingo, a variety of soups and chowders are available throughout the two weeks. Chowderfest also has commemorative, reusable bowls for $15 alongside seasonal retail, comforting services like reiki and massage, crisp scents, and warm spiced beverages. This year’s soup flavors include:
- White bean and sweet potato chili
- French onion
- Lobster bisque
- Roasted red pepper with smoked gouda
- Vegetarian corn chowder
- Local businesses: extended restaurant & bar curfew is a positive step, but can only go so far
- 4/18/21: Some Sunshine Monday, then more showers
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- Two pop-up vaccination clinics scheduled in Rensselaer County
- Austin shooting: Police still searching for fugitive with 3 dead, shelter in place lifted