TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The city of Troy has a new assistant chief of police. Captain Steven Barker was promoted to the position after more than a decade with the department.
Barker joined the force in 2012 and served in multiple roles before the promotion. Most recently, he oversaw the rollout of body worn cameras. He said his experience in the department up to this point has prepared him for his new job.
In July, Officer Dan DeWolf was made chief of police after the retirement of the previous chief, Officer Brian Owens.
More from NEWS10
- Where different religions stand on COVID vaccination exemptions
- RetailMeNot reveals top shopping trends for 2021 holiday season
- Hundreds gather at Rochester hospital to protest vaccine mandates
- Free fall fitness classes offered at the Empire State Plaza
- Police search for 2 men charged in connection with infant’s death after not showing up for court