TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Troy police officer shot himself at a training facility on Landfill Road in Troy near 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
Deputy Police Chief Dan DeWolf tells NEWS10 that it was an accidental discharge:
An officer was adjusting his pants. It appears a piece of fabric caught on his gun, which was still holstered, and discharged.
The bullet struck him in his foot. Luckily, there were other officers around to him him, and applied a tourniquet to stop the bleeding.
He is being treated at Albany Med, and we’re hopeful the injury isn’t too severe.
Stick with NEWS10 for more on this story as it develops.
- Live: Pres. Trump, Biden campaign across the Midwest Friday
- Nine Pin to release Lady Apple cider
- Local man wins NYS Industries for the Disabled award for workplace excellence
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Overnight spike in COVID cases draws concern of second wave