TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Thanksgiving is this Thursday and so is the 75th annual Troy Turkey Trot. The 10K begins at 8 a.m., the one-mile Turkey Walk and Grade School Mile starts at 9:30 a.m., and the 5K run begins at 10 a.m.
You can still register on the Troy Turkey Trot website. City officials have issued a traffic advisory for the event.
Some parking restrictions will be in effect starting Wednesday night. Drivers are asked to follow all posted parking restrictions and traffic detour signs and seek alternate routes. Cars in violation of the parking restrictions will be ticketed at the owner’s expense. Those towed from south of Hoosick Street will be relocated to the Sage parking lots. Cars towed from north of Hoosick Street will be relocated to the Knickerbacker Ice Rink.
The following roads will be closed from 5 a.m. to about 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. All eastbound and westbound streets entering these roads will be closed one block east and west.
- 4th Street from State Street north to Federal Street
- Federal Street from the Green Island Bridge to 6th Avenue
- Green Island Bridge into Troy from 7 a.m. to about noon
- River Street from 3rd Street to 1st Street
- River Street/2nd Avenue from the Green Island Bridge to 102nd Street
- 2nd Street from State Street to Broadway
- Fulton Street from 3rd Street to 5th Avenue
- King Street from the Green Island Bridge to River Street
- 3rd Street from River/Fulton to Broadway
- Broadway from 5th Avenue to River Street
- Grand Street from 5th Avenue to 4th Street
- River Street/2nd Avenue from King Street to 112th Street. River Street/2nd Avenue from 112th to 102nd will reopen around 9:30 a.m.
- 3rd Avenue from 105th Street to 112th Street. 3rd Avenue will reopen at around 9:30 a.m.
- 111th Street from 3rd Avenue to 2nd Avenue. 111th Street will reopen around 9:30 a.m.
Those arriving from Albany County on Thanksgiving morning are encouraged to use the Congress Street Bridge or the Hoosick Street Bridge. The Green Island Bridge will be closed.
Free parking is available on nights, weekends, and holidays at all city-owned parking lots and garages. Officials said metered parking will be suspended on Thanksgiving. All other parking regulations are still enforced. The following lots and garages will be available for parking:
- Green Island Bridge Parking Lot
- Congress Street Parking Lot
- Fifth Avenue Garage
- Fourth Street Parking Lot
- State Street Parking Garage
Parking for race participants will also be available at:
- RPI Blitman Parking Lot, 1800 6th Avenue)
- RPI North Parking Lot, the intersection of Peoples Avenue and 13th Street
- Russell Sage Parking Lot, the intersection of River Street and Division Streets