EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Rensselaer County Emergency Communications Center based in Troy lost power Wednesday.
All emergency calls for the county are being dispatched by the Town of East Greenbush Communications Center until further notice.
Officials urge residents to only call in the event of an emergency. They said unnecessary calls will tie up dispatchers who are trying to get resources where they are needed.
More from NEWS10
- Local organizations helping hundreds of Afghan refugees coming to Capital Region
- Kansas mom says teacher forced son to tape mask to face
- DA partially blames Catskill murder on bail reform
- ‘Sex and the City’ star Willie Garson dies at 57
- Cross appears near Gabby Petito search area in apparent tribute to 22-year-old