TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Troy Mayor Patrick Madden donated blood to the Red Cross on Monday at the Hope Lutheran Church, and he hopes to inspire others to do the same.
According to the mayor’s office, there is a severe blood shortage due to canceled appointments in the wake of the coronavirus. Each blood donation can save up to three lives.
The visit is one prong of Madden’s initiative encouraging healthy residents of Troy to donate blood to local hospitals.
- Put on the spot over white supremacy, President Trump tells Proud Boys to ‘stand by’
- Albany bar has liquor license suspended over COVID-19 violations
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Bethlehem PD, NYPD conducting death investigation in Selkirk
- Troy mayor and police chief address public safety committee