RENSSELAER, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to the Rensselaer Police Chief James Frankoski, a male allegedly shot his friend in the leg after an altercation in Rensselaer.
On Tuesday, October 19, at around 9:57 a.m., Albany police responded to a male with a gunshot wound at Albany Med. When Albany PD arrived it was determined the gunshot wound occurred in the City of Rensselaer and Albany PD transferred the report to the Rensselaer Police Department.
Per Rensselaer Police Chief James Frankoski, an altercation occurred between two parties who were both friends. The altercation escalated and one party allegedly shot the other party resulting in a gunshot wound to the leg.
After the victim was shot, the suspect who shot him drove him to Albany Med.
Rensselaer Police Officers and Detectives and brought the suspect in for questioning. The suspect is Michael S. Barone, 55, of Albany, and he was arrested and charged.
- Attempted Murder 2nd (Felony)
- Assault 1st (Felony)
- Criminal Possesion of Weapon 2nd (Felony)
Barone was remanded to the Rensselaer County Correctional Facility without bail.
- NYSP: 1 dead, 2 hospitalized after fatal crash in Dannemora
- Albany Water Department smoke testing sewer lines in Eagle Hill neighborhood
- American Red Cross blood supply at ‘historic’ lows as winter approaches
- New York State in Final Phases of Redistricting
- Availability of boosters depends largely on where you live