TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — To comply with social distancing rules, Brunswick Central School District hosted a drive-thru community parade to spread some Saturday morning cheer.
The “Happiness Drive-Thru” started outside the Tamarac High School campus at 11 a.m, where faculty, staff, teachers, and administrators waved at families driving past.
The Easter Bunny and Bennie the Bengal, the school mascot, made special guest appearances.
The district organized the community drive-thru as a way to get out of the house and have something different to look forward to.
The district is also looking for donations to their local food drive to continue to serve the community. Here’s a list of items they are collecting:
- Boxed cereal
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Boxed meals
- Mashed potatoes
- Cereal Bars
- Granola Bars
- Canned meats
- Canned Pasta
- SUNY receives funding increase to help students from economically-disadvantaged communities
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Is It Ok To Put Your Dog’s Poop In Someone Else’s Garbage
- Siena Poll: Cuomo’s favorability lowest its ever been, majority of voters say he should not resign
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot
- Governor Scott will allow COVID relief bill to become law