BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Curtis Lumber acquired Wiley Brothers at 1854 NY Route 40 in Schaghticoke.
Through Wiley Brothers’ 75-year history, they have been a family-owned lumber yard and home improvement store very similar to Curtis Lumber. Moving forward, the store location will carry Curtis Lumber’s premium products, superior hardware assortment, and be staffed with the expertise to cater to both builders and homeowners.
Curtis Lumber has long served the area with delivery service from nearby stores and this acquisition will serve to increase delivery and product availability to more of Rensselaer County.
“When we were approached about adding Wiley Brothers to our existing store locations, we jumped at the chance,” stated Jay Curtis, president,and CEO. “Our superior product assortment, award-winning delivery service, and extensive employee training program will only improve upon what has been a well-run family business.”
The transaction is expected to close by the end of January. All Wiley Bros employees will be offered positions with Curtis Lumber.
- Basketball coach launches campaign to help local businesses
- Bills OC Brian Daboll focused on Chiefs in AFC title game and not his future beyond this season
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Schodack CSD sets up memorial for student killed in double murder-suicide
- Bills prepare for both Chiefs QBs with Patrick Mahomes status up in the air