TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A complaint was filed against the Rensselaer County Jail for its alleged handling of women in ICE custody.
The complaint said the women, who were being held in the jail, were subject to medical neglect as well as physical abuse and egregious conditions. The letter also asked the Department of Homeland Security to investigate the conditions at the jail.
NEWS10 ABC reached out to jail officials for comment on the complaint and has not heard back.
More from NEWS10:
- PHOTOS: Painting an arts trail through downtown Glens Falls
- State Police: Schenectady woman charged with stealing over $300K from employer
- Remains found during Laundrie search were ‘bones’
- Police: Guilderland man arrested for child porn, more victims possible
- Meal incentives to be offered to incarcerated New Yorkers to get vaccinated