PITTSTOWN, N.Y (NEWS10) — Three people have been charged with murder in connection to the death of a 19-year-old man in Pittstown in June.
Around 3:46 a.m. on June 9, police were called to a report of a home invasion on Jay Herrington Road. Nathaniel Miller was shot to death during the incident.
The suspects then fled to a wooded area, police said.
On Monday, New York State Police announced three arrests in the case. All three suspects were charged with Murder in the Second Degree, Burglary in the First Degree, and Attempted Robbery in the First Degree.
- Devin VanPatten, 19, of Schenectady;
- Carlos M. Lewis, 24, of Schenectady; and
- Kyle A. Hutchinson, 21, of Schenectady
VanPatten was also charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree.
State Police believe this incident is drug-related.
All three men are currently in the Rensselaer County Jail.
More from NEWS10
- Counties with the least hospital bed capacity in New York
- Motorcyclists flee NYSP in Plattsburgh after rams patrol car, injuring Trooper
- Colonie Center to host beauty event this Saturday
- Federal court filing seeks tuition aid for Vermonters in religious schools
- Empire State Weekly: Eyeing impact of state employee vaccine mandate