TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Rensselaer County announced two new coronavirus related deaths on Wednesday. The two deceased are a 82-year-old resident of the Eddy Heritage House in Troy and a 90-year-old from the Riverside Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing in Schodack.
Seventy-one Rensselaer County residents have now died from COVID-19.
The county has also announced 119 new confirmed cases of the virus, bringing their total number of active cases to 859. This is the highest number of cases confirmed in a single day, breaking the previous record of 90 which was set on December 12.
Of the current active cases, 36 residents have been hospitalized for COVID-19, including five in ICU.
There are now 1624 residents in monitor quarantine, including 1461 due to exposure and 163 due to travel.
- Rep. Tenney comments on Cuomo accusations
- FBI director warns of increasing threat of white extremists
- ‘Cause once you’re dead that’s a bit too late’: Dolly Parton gets vaccine, rewrites lyrics to a popular song
- ‘Resign Now!’ billboard directed at Cuomo goes up on I-787
- NEWS10 Exclusive Poll: New Yorkers want to replace Governor Cuomo in 2022