RENSSELAER COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Officials said Monday that there have been 574 confirmed cases since testing began. Of those 574 cases, 518 people have been cleared of the virus. There are currently 27 active cases in the county.
Health Director Mary Fran Wachunas noted that in recent days the county has seen several cases that can be traced back to out of state travel.
Five people are being treated in the hospital, three of those cases are in the ICU. The county has recorded 29 COVID-19 related deaths.
- a 19-year-old Rensselaer woman
- an 85-year-old East Greenbush woman
- a 66-year-old Rensselaer man
- a 30-year-old North Greenbush woman
- a 6-year-old North Greenbush girl
- an 11-year-old North Greenbush boy
- Rensselaer County coronavirus update March 5
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Only 1 child died of flu this season – down from nearly 200
- Statewide COVID-19 positivity rate just over 3%
- Record-high 183K vaccines doses distributed in NYS on Thursday