TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10)- In Rensselaer County’s daily coronavirus update County Executive Steve McLaughlin says two additional cases were reported bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 486. There are no new additional deaths, the total remains 28.
Six people remain hospitalized with COVID-19, none are in the ICU. To date 344 county residents have recovered from the virus.
Two hundred residents are in quarantine. The county received 293 tests Thursday, and 7,208 tests overall.
Following a string of overdoses from fentanyl-laced crack cocaine, the county says they have given out 45 fentanyl test strips since Thursday.
McLaughlin also says more than likely the majority of summer camps will remain closed this year.
- The Grand at Barnwell responds to allegations from families, staff and local leaders
- NYC white woman fired after backlash from racist Central Park confrontation
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- Wilton’s Grant Cottage to be featured in History Channel series
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic